Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ce sentiment

Do you ever have that feeling that you're bored, like crazy, crazy bored and would do anything short of kill to have something to do? But really, you could write a to-do list a mile long, but nothing on your to-do list sounds appealing and you'd rather be bored senseless then do what you SHOULD be doing?

That is how I've felt, for almost a month. I'm in this weird place where it feels like a lot is going on yet my life feels like it's at a standstill.

I've never really been a fan of summer. I don't look good in summer outfits (ie bathing suits, tank tops, shorts, etc), I hate bugs, bees, and humidity, and I hate sweating and feeling gross. And now being in my own apartment, I hate it being hot and then having to pay an astronomic electric bill because I just want to sleep with some A/C on. I can't wait for the weather to cool down. I crave for the days where hot tea is enjoyable and making dinner doesn't make you feel like you need a shower when you're done. Summer puts me in a pissy mood in general, and this summer is no exception.

Work is getting to me a little bit, but I really don't have anyone to talk to about it. I used to, and it was great, but that venting source was cut off unexpectedly. Stef tries to listen, and it helps a little, but it's better when the people you're venting to know who you're venting about, you know. I only have a couple more nights of work left, anyway, but it feels endless.

The wedding is in 10 days.. woo. It's really the last thing in the world I want to hear about. I've been pretty uninvolved for the last year and then some.. yet now we have just over a week left and people all of a sudden care what I think.

Oh, and boys suck. A lot.

I also have been experiencing the worst cabin fever ever. I want to go out and be a 22 yr old so bad! But I don't know anybody here, and I don't want to be that creepy want-to-be-cool-but-really-a-loser fat girl who goes to a bar alone and tries to talk to people. I only know two people here my age... my roommate, who is nice and great to live with but she has a boyfriend and she's already started her classes, and we barely see each other. And the other, well he's made it quite clear to me that I'm strictly his maid and nothing else (don't ask, just don't).

So to wrap it up, I'm in a crappy mood. And I probably will be until August 30. I miss my friends, I miss having said friends be a short drive away. I miss doing things. I miss speaking French. I miss 50 degree weather. I'm hating watching my friends' lives be awesome via Facebook while mine reeks of boring and Connecticut.

No comments:

Post a Comment