Saturday, May 22, 2010

Je cherche un boulot!

Ah, le sigh.

It shoulddd be a lazy Saturday (it kind of is, but I'd like to go back to sleep). I'm at the boy's currently. He works for a minor league baseball team, and his stadium is having a job fair today. Since I've had minimal luck with other applications, I'm going to attend and apply to be a bartender / box seating waitress for the games. It's like a 30 minute drive from my apartment, so the 8 bucks an hour really isn't worth it..but it's better than the nothing I'm currently making. I knew the job market was bad..but I didn't think that meant like minimum wage cashier jobs, too. I thought it only was tight for suit-wearing jobs. This sucks!

So, because I'm currently jobless and junk, I've had some time to think about the blog. Since a lot of my plans fell through (getting a dog right now, etc) I won't launch a new blog. I had one I was working on, but I'm going to nix it. I think I might remain themeless for the time being, but I have been doing an awful lot of cooking lately. Boy lovesss it when I cook for him, and it's cheaper than going out to eat. In the WEEK (omg) since I've been a CT resident, I've made a lot of dished I never even thought of attempting. Like calzones. They're REALLY (like obnoxiously) easy but I never knew that until I tried. Or rice and quesadillas. I've had it a million times..but have I ever made it? Nope. Or toaster oven French bread pizza. Yum!  Back to the point.. I've been taking pictures with my phone of my dishes to send to Mom and Stef..so I was thinking about posting them. Yep..they're messy plates, crappy quality pictures...but fun nonetheless.

I might start that next time. I'm excited for what he's going to ask me to make him next. It's sounds kind of masochistic. I cook for him, do his dishes, swiffer his floors and make his bed.. but you know what? I don't mind. I get to spend time with him and I get to sleep in an actual bed, instead of the air mattress that currently inhabits my bedroom. Yeah, Sears was supposed to deliver my mattress on Thursday. However, they are incompetent and despite their confirmation call the night before, my mattress will not arrive until NEXT Thursday. I am NOT happy.

But yes, I've got to get ready for this job fair. Wish me luck!

xo Stace

2 comments:

  1. what the heck? Have you completely given up on this blog???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD! You need to update! I need to know what's going on in your life!

    ReplyDelete