Sunday, May 16, 2010

Il se passe..

It's happenning. Holy cow. Breathe, hee hee hoo.

So, I'm currently at boy's apartment. He's at work. It's my first morning being a CT resident, and I'm not even at my own apartment. Let's back up and I'll tell you why.

We left about 4 hours later then we wanted to yesterday morning. We hit MASSIVE traffic and the 3.5 hour drive took about 5 hours. We were all tired, cranky, sweaty, and lazy before we even unloaded everything from the three cars. Boy was subjected to the chaos of my mother/family and I hadn't even had the chance to give a proper hello after two months of not seeing him, so I was nervous about that. However, he's still speaking to me after the family Walmart trip which included hours and two full shopping carts, so, I think we're OK. BTW - Super Walmart's are amazing. I'm thoroughly excited about it.

So far, I think I've only forgotten minimal things at home, like my white Old Navy flip flops and my toothpaste. But I haven't really unpacked much, so I'm not sure. I also forgot to buy some stuff, like hand soap and dish sponges, but I also bought so much and tempers were high, so to even think about it at that point would have been crazy.

Rayica left after putting together some stuff we bought. Boy, mommy and I had a great dinner at the Willimantic Brew Pub, then mom headed home, and I went to unpack a teensy bit more, and then I drove to boy's. :).

Here I am, waiting for him to get back from work so I can make him breakfast (it's the least I can do... he totally put up with a lot yesterday).

The last few days were crazy! I went from waking up at noon, brushing my teeth and hair, going to class and work, and being back in my dorm for a nap by 8. Now? Up at somewhere between 5 -7am all week for appointments, graduations, etc etc after staying up late to say goodbye to my friends, packing, lifting, moving, allergies..OMG. Just too much in a short amount of time. I think once I'm unpacked, I'll breathe.Melissa moves in on Tuesday maybe..so glad we didn't move on the same day, it would have been a war zone.

This post is getting long...I'll do another about graduation and the apartment in a few days, with pictures of course!

xo Stace

PS - I won the giveaway on Dana's blog!!! THANKS! So excited.

1 comment:

  1. Did you receive your bracelet? I hope so.

    Also, you better post some pictures! These are the things that I want to see, in no particular order.

    1) Apartment
    2) Food
    3) Boy

    ReplyDelete