Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ma cousine!

My [favorite] cousin Dana has just launched her new blog. It's a dedication and letters to her late mother, my Aunt Patty, sharing everything she wants to tell her. Aunt Patty passed away in November 2007. She was by far my favorite aunt on my dad's side - she was always so much fun to visit, had the best things to talk about. You know when you have to visit your old Auntie Mildred with the blue hair, and your parents and her talk about boring things over stale coffee and completely ignore the kids? It was never like that. She always made me feel like a part of the conversation, always listened to me and responded. Not all of my extended family is like that.

Dana's blog is beautiful, but I warn you - grab a tissue. She takes contributions from others, too. My mom's on there. That one was so hard for me to read.

I miss my dad, my aunt, and my grandparents very much. Out of the entire family, they were the most loving. They still are. I know they're pulling for me/us each and every day.

Ending this sappy post. Her blog is linked on my sidebar, but here it is anyway: Deenuts Dana

Stace xo

1 comment:

  1. Stacey, this is a beautiful post! Thank you so much for the kind words and free advertising! :')

    Greg and I are so proud of your grad school news tonight! If anyone deserves it, it's you!

    xo Dana

    ReplyDelete